Skip to main content

Gov Delivery Privacy Notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

Cheshire West and Chester Council

Why do you need my information?

When we collect and use your information, we need this to:

  • Provide you with automated notifications on your chosen categories
  • Provide location based subscription suggestions

The information that we collect about you is:

  • Email Address
  • Telephone number
  • Your subscription event activity information
  • Your subscription preferences
  • IP Address
  • Browser information
  • Location (Longitude/latitude)
  • Question responses such as confirmation if the privacy policy

Your IP Address and browser information is used when available from the browser (when it has not been blocked via the browser) to offer location-based network subscription suggestions, for security logging, and to know which browsers the software needs to support.

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and use your personal information for Gov Delivery, we do so after obtaining your consent

Who will my information be shared with?

Your data will be available to our Digital Services Provider, Qwest Services Limited. Qwest Services run our telephone Contact Centre, some of the face to face services provided across the region and manage our online portal described above.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

You will have provided the information in order to receive notifications from the Council.

If you change your mind you can change your subscription preferences, withdraw consent or delete your account at any time via our online portal.

Without these details we are unable to send you automated notifications.

Alternatively you can contact us by email or post.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Your data will be retained until you unsubscribe.

You can delete your subscription at any time.  Deleting your subscription will remove your information from Gov Delivery.

How will my information be stored?

The information will be stored in the Councils online messaging system, Gov Delivery.  Only Administrators of the system have access to it.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please read the Data Protection and Your Rights page on this website by following the link to the page below and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • withdraw consent
  • receive your information in a machine readable format
  • have to inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means

When making a request in relation to any of your other rights please read the 'Your other Individual rights request' on the Data Protection and Your Rights page below.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to the Council You can complain directly to the Council's Data Protection team by email or post.

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?


Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.