Gov Delivery Privacy Notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
Cheshire West and Chester Council
Why do you need my information?
When we collect and use your information, we need this to:
- Provide you with automated notifications on your chosen categories
- Provide location based subscription suggestions
The information that we collect about you is:
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Your subscription event activity information
- Your subscription preferences
- IP Address
- Browser information
- Location (Longitude/latitude)
Your IP Address and browser information is used when available from the browser (when it has not been blocked via the browser) to offer location-based network subscription suggestions, for security logging, and to know which browsers the software needs to support.
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and use your personal information for Gov Delivery, we do so after obtaining your consent
Who will my information be shared with?
Your data will be available to our Digital Services Provider, Qwest Services Limited. Qwest Services run our telephone Contact Centre, some of the face to face services provided across the region and manage our online portal described above.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
You will have provided the information in order to receive notifications from the Council.
If you change your mind you can change your subscription preferences, withdraw consent or delete your account at any time via our online portal.
Without these details we are unable to send you automated notifications.
Alternatively you can contact us by email or post.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Your data will be retained until you unsubscribe.
You can delete your subscription at any time. Deleting your subscription will remove your information from Gov Delivery.
How will my information be stored?
The information will be stored in the Councils online messaging system, Gov Delivery. Only Administrators of the system have access to it.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on the Data Protection for you page below.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council You can complain directly to the Council's Data Protection team by email or post.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?