Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Home insulation scheme privacy notice

Who is the Data Controller for this processing?

We will collate and store your data for the purpose of checking eligibility to the scheme, the installation of measures and for reporting purposes to the funding provider.

What personal information do we hold?

We will only collect and use the minimum amount of personal information required to deliver the park home insulation scheme.

For the purpose of ensuring eligibility to the scheme we will use some or all of the personal information provided:

  • name, address, contact number, long term health problems
  • details about your housing needs
  • details about your lifestyle and social circumstances
  • information about your home: year of manufacture, size, ownership, current insulation measures, heating type
  • financial details including benefit entitlements and household income
  • details about your health including long term health problems

How do we use your personal information?

We use your information to:

  • deliver the service, or handle your query
  • enable us to establish eligibility to the insulation scheme
  • in the case of eligible properties, we use your information to enable an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and structural survey to be carried out, and any subsequent insulation measures to be installed, and for reporting purposes to the funding provider
  • provide you with a voucher to install insulation in your home

Who else might we share your personal information with?

Sometimes we may need to share your information, but we will only do so where it is necessary or required by law. We will only share the minimum information for each circumstance.

In order to deliver the scheme, the contact details of residents receiving measures will be shared with one or more of the following:

  • Qwest Services Ltd and Engie who are managing the scheme on behalf of us
  • appointed surveying company to establish structural integrity and carry-out Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s)
  • appointed contractors to install insulation measures
  • groundwork, if you consent to accepting energy efficiency advice from the Green Doctor service
  • Government Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) who are providing the funding

What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?

The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for using your personal information is:

Where will we store your information?

Your information will be securely stored electronically on our network.

How long will we keep your personal information?

We will only use your personal information whilst delivering the service to you and to deal with any questions or complaints that we may receive about this, unless the law requires us to keep it for a longer period.

In practice, this means that your information will be kept for five years and then deleted.

Your rights

Under data protection law, you have rights including:

  • your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
  • your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
  • your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
  • your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
  • your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.

How to complain if you are unhappy about how your data is used

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post:

  • Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will my personal information be accessible outside the UK?

Your information is stored within the UK.