Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Home repairs, grants and loans privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

Information about your financial circumstances is required to process your application for financial assistance in relation to home repairs and improvements.

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and process your personal information for financial assistance for home repairs and improvements, we do so as part of our public duties under Article 6 part (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation.

The Regulatory Reform (England & Wales) Order 2002 allows us to offer financial assistance in the form of grants and loans to help residents and landlords with repairs and improvements. Our home assistance policy sets out the types and amounts of assistance available, who is eligible to apply and the qualifying criteria. The policy also sets out the information we must collect and consider when processing applications for assistance.

Who will my information be shared with?

Your information is confidential and will not be shared with any other party. However data may be shared without your consent for:

  • the prevention or detection of crime
  • the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
  • the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or of any imposition of a similar nature

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?

If you do not provide the information we will be unable to process your application.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

We will keep your information for seven years as required by financial and audit regulations. If you are in receipt of a loan from us, we will keep the information for seven years from the date of the repayment of the loan.

How will my information be stored?

The information will be stored on our case management systems - Northgate M3/Tascomi.

Your rights

Under data protection law, you have rights including:

  • your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
  • your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
  • your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
  • your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post:

  • Contact the DPO
  • By post: Phil Orchard, Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?