Local living wage privacy notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted.
Why do you need my information?
We will use the information you have provided in connection with the administration of your commitment to the Local Living Wage. Once you have agreed to sign up to the Local Living Wage, we will send you the Local Living Wage charter, logos and additional marketing material. If you have ticked the box to be contacted by the Business Growth team, a member of the Business Growth team will be in contact to offer free, enhanced business advice.
What allows you to use my information?
We rely on your consent to use your information. As such you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who will my information be shared with?
Your data will be processed by the Business Growth team and Communications team and will not be shared with any other third party. We will use the information you have provided to send you the Local Living Wage charter, logos and additional marketing material. Your details will be dealt with confidentially and stored on our secure, password protected CRM (customer relationship management) system. Any use of personal data will be in full accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?
If you would like to sign up to the Local Living Wage, you are consenting to receive the Local Living Wage charter and marketing information. We require this information in order for the Business Growth team to verify your application for the Local Living Wage charter. If you have ticked the box to be contacted by the Business Growth team, a member of the Business Growth team will be in contact to offer free, enhanced business advice. If you change your mind or for any reason you no longer want to be part of the Local Living Wage charter, you can withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Your data will be stored for as long as you agree to pay the Local Living Wage. You can withdraw consent and ask for data to be erased at any time.
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be stored on a secure CRM system.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post:
- Contact the DPO
- By post: Phil Orchard, Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Website: Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire,SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
No, data is held securely in the UK and will not be transferred abroad.