Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Parking enforcement notice privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

How do we use your personal information?

We use your information to:

  • recover parking ticket charges
  • deliver the service, or handle your query
  • plan and improve the services we offer
  • detect and prevent crime or fraud
  • research, however this would be in anonymised form unless we ask for your consent to use your personal information for this purpose
  • evidence positive outcomes to central government funding agencies
  • fully test upgrades to the parking system in a secure test environment

What allows you to use my information?

The Traffic Management Act 2004, part 6.

Who will my information be shared with?

If a parking ticket is not paid, we can request that it is registered as a debt. The Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court require the name and address of the registered keeper of the vehicle (DVLA details) to do this. If it remains unpaid the name and address of the registered keeper will also be provided to an Enforcement Agent.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?

The registered keeper of a vehicle will not be obtained if a parking ticket is paid within the first 28 days. If it is not paid then we are entitled to request the detail from the DVLA.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

The data will be stored for up to six months after a parking ticket has been paid, cancelled or written off. This is in case the parking ticket is overturned or a refund is required after payment. 

How will my information be stored?

The details will be stored in the cloud within the European Economic Area.

Your rights

Under data protection law, you have rights including:

  • your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
  • your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
  • your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
  • your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.

Who can I complain to If I am unhappy about how my data is used

You can complain directly to our Data Protection Team. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me


Will my data be transferred abroad and why