Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Primary Authority Privacy Notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

Primary authority enables you or your business to form a legal partnership with us. We will be able to provide assured and tailored regulatory advice on complying with environmental health, trading standards or fire safety regulations that you request from us. It gives you a single point of contact, and lets you take advantage of our expertise and advice to deal with all regulatory issues.

When we collect and use your information, we need this to:

  • find the location of your business to be able to carry out an inspection visit for the service you require.
  • record details our inspection visit for relevant functions including health and safety, food safety, licensing and trading standards services
  • send you any inspection report, assured advice or post inspection accreditation document

In order for us to enter into a primary authority partnership with you/your business, the information we collect about you is:

  • your name, telephone number(s) and email address
  • your business name, address and postcode

The Primary Authority and Accreditation Scheme is open to any business, charity or other organisation that either:

  • is regulated by two or more local authorities for a relevant function
  • has arranged to share compliance activities with at least one other business, when the businesses are collectively regulated by more than one local authority for a relevant function

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and process your personal information for our inspection services, we do so under a contract with you. The legislation, policies and guidance that allow us to do this includes but is not limited to:

  • General Data Protection Legislation Article 6 part b
  • Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Act 2008 Section 25
  • Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Act 2008 Sections 27-32

Who will my information be shared with?

The personal information (non-business information) you give us will not be shared. It would only be disclosed on the request of a national agency for the prevention and detection of crime under Schedule 1 Part 2 (3) of the Data Protection Act 2018.

The business information including your organisations name and trading name will be shared through the Primary Authority Register.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

If you do not provide the information you will be unable to enter into the primary authority and accreditation scheme and we will not be able to provide you with any regulatory advice.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Your business details will be kept for up to two years after the expiry of our traded relationship or your participation in an approval or accreditation scheme so that we can deal with any post contract enquiries should this be needed.

Your personal information will be held whilst the Primary Authority partnership agreement is in place, and we will securely delete this personal data six years after the cessation of the partnership.

How will my information be stored?

Your information is held securely on systems within the our IT network. Any paper documents are held in a restricted access area.

Your rights

Under data protection law, you have rights including:

  • your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
  • your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
  • your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
  • your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances

You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.

To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • Online: Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?