Private landlord mailing list privacy notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted
Why do you need my information?
We will use the information you have provided to keep you informed about up and coming events such as the biannual Landlord Forum as well as any landlord training events.
By providing your details to us, you will also be able to access our popular landlord e-newsletter which is sent to over 500 landlords/agents across the borough.
We may also wish to contact you to inform you about any changes in legislation such as:
- changes to tax
- health and safety
- housing legislation changes
We may want to gauge your views on any new initiatives and/or policy reviews we are proposing to deliver or carry out.
What allows you to use my information?
We rely on your consent to use your information and as such you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can withdraw your consent by contacting the Housing Strategy team by email or post.
Who will my information be shared with?
Your data will be processed by our Housing Strategy team and will not be shared with anyone else apart from our West Cheshire Homes team, who are our Choice Based Lettings Scheme and they provide housing and homeless advice and support to the boroughs residents.
Any use of personal data will be in full accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?
If you do not provide us with this information, we will not be able to keep you informed about the latest developments in the sector. We will also not be able to inform you about the biannual landlord forum as well as any training events, you will also not be able to receive our quarterly landlord e-newsletter.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Your data will be stored for six years, after which we will ask your permission to continue to keep your data.
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be stored on a secure password protected database.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection Team online or by post.
- Online: Contact the DPO
- By post: Phil Orchard, Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
No, data is held securely in the UK and will not be transferred abroad.