Regulatory services consultancy services privacy notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted.
Why do you need my information?
When we collect and use your information, we need this to be able to provide you with advice on the regulatory service area you require.
The information we collect about you could include:
- your name, telephone number(s) and email address
- your business name, address and postcode
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and process your personal information for our consultancy service, we do so after obtaining a contract with you. The legislation, policies and guidance that allow us to do this includes but is not limited to:
- General Data Protection Regulation Article 6 (part b)
Who will my information be shared with?
The personal information (non-business information) you give us will not be shared. It would only be disclosed on the request of a national agency for the prevention and detection of crime.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?
If you do not provide us with your information we will be unable to provide you with the necessary advice.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Your business details including any related personal data will be kept for up to six years after the expiry of our traded relationship or your participation in an approval or accreditation scheme so that we can deal with any post contract enquiries should this be needed.
How will my information be stored?
Your information is held securely on systems within our IT network. Any paper documents are held in a restricted access area.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data Protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.
- Online: Contact the DPO
- By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
- Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456306060
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?