Climate change and sustainability
Where to find help
As a Council we work with the local community, schools, businesses, our partners and any other organisations to ensure we build a community in which people both want and are able to live both now and in the future.
This means reviewing:
- how we deliver our services
- how we use natural resources such as paper, office equipment, plastics and other materials
- how we buy materials and equipment
- how much waste we are throwing away
- how much water we use
- how much energy we use in our buildings and in travelling between offices as well as to and from work
You can watch a film that shows what the Council is doing to promote sustainability on the Council's YouTube channel.
Internal energy management
Cheshire West and Chester Council is looking to improve the effective management of the energy we use.
We are creating a streamlined system of data management and energy security to comply with current legislation.
The associated reduction in the Council's carbon dioxide emissions will reduce the authorities own contribution to climate change.
Investigations into renewable energy generation across Cheshire West and Chester are also being undertaken to provide clean power for service delivery and schools.
Working in partnership
We provide particular support to Low Carbon Communities within our area in partnership with other councils in the North West.