The aims of the strategy are:
- To support the provision of high quality play and outdoor youth facilities sufficient to meet the needs and aspirations of Cheshire West and Chester's children, young people and their families.
- To ensure that such provision is effectively planned and co-ordinated, well designed and that appropriate budgets are available to enable implementation and sustainability.
- To ensure that the strategy supports the aims of relevant national strategy and key local strategic documents and, in turn, influences and feeds in to the development of future local strategy and policy.
- To ensure that all provision is planned with the active involvement and engagement of the borough's children, young people, their families and the wider community.
- To ensure inclusive play spaces are provided where they are needed and help facilitate the provision of high-quality facilities that are accessible to all.
- To ensure that play opportunities should meet demand, encourage participation and enable children and young people “to engage in play and recreational activities appropriate to the age of the child” (Article 31 UN Convention).