The Cheshire, Halton and Warrington Single Equality Group was formed to ensure that partners work together to remove barriers to all communities and share good practice. The groups aims to:
- deliver excellence in its approach to equality and diversity, embedding key principles and employment practices in terms of equal opportunities for employment and residents.
- implement a joint approach to rolling out Equality Impact Assessments.
- conduct meaningful community engagement and consultation to ensure services do not discriminate or cause exclusion.
The Cheshire, Warrington and Halton Single Equality Group is committed to improve awareness of equality and diversity issues amongst employees. It therefore organises and commissions regular opportunities for joint training.
Equality mapping training
All partners recognise how important it is to understand the communities where we live. The public and voluntary sectors use a vast amount of data which can capture gaps in service delivery and analysis of trends. Whenever possible, this evidence should be shared with partners.
One of the objectives of the Cheshire, Halton and Warrington Single Equality Group is to coordinate and share consultation and engagement activities to avoid duplication. All members of the group signed up to a Consultation Protocol. As part of this protocol, all partners agree to:
- Produce a database of all relevant consultations and engagement activities. This will be shared amongst partners. Please note this database can only be accessed by registered users
- Undertake joint consultation on relevant initiatives which aim to improve access to employment and services to all communities, particularly covering the partners’ collective and individual responses to the Equality Act 2010
- To share future consultations.