Skip to main content

Approved food premises

If you operate certain types of food premises you may need to be approved either by your local authority or in some cases, the Foods Standards Agency. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) keep a full register of all approved premises with the UK.

Examples of types of businesses that are required to be approved by local authorities are manufacturing or processing premises for meat, fish, egg or dairy products not for sale to the final consumer.

Fresh meat premises such as fresh red meat and poultry slaughter houses, cutting plants or farmed and wild game handling establishments, require approval by the Foods Standards Agency.

Where to find help

Apply online

You can apply for food premises approval or to change a food premises approval in Cheshire West and Chester on the Gov.UK website.

General enquiries

Contact us

By post: Food Safety Team, Regulatory Services, Cheshire West and Chester Council, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact