Skip to main content

Street collection licence

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in Cheshire West and Chester, you need a street collection licence.

You can apply to licence a street collection or supply a return for a street collection on the Gov.UK website.

Apply to licence a street collection

Supply a return for a street collection

Regulation summary 

What happens next?

You can expect to be contacted by the Licensing Team within 14 days of receipt of your application. We would normally expect to let you know our decision on your application within 30 days of receipt.

Will tacit consent apply

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period.

What if my application fails? 

Please contact us in the first instance.

Licence holder redress 

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer complaint 

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, further information about making a complaint can be found on the Information for Consumers page.

Public register or database

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.