Skip to main content

Hypnotism authorisation

Licence summary

In partnership with EUGO LogoIf you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must have authorisation from the local authority in England and Wales. If you are performing in Scotland, you must have permission, or the premises must hold a premises or other entertainment licence. Permission in Scotland is obtained from the authority issuing the premises licences. You must comply with any conditions attached to an authorisation.

Where to find help

Apply online

You can apply online for consent to conduct an exhibition, demonstration or performance of hypnotism on the Gov.UK website.

Where to find help

For further information about hypnotism authorisation, please contact the Licensing team.

Eligibility criteria

Fees maybe payable if you apply to a London Borough Council.

Regulation summary

Application evaluation process

No provisions in legislation

Will tacit consent apply

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period

Target completion

You can expect to be contacted by the Licensing Team within 14 days of receipt of your application.  We would normally expect to let you know our decision on your application within 30 days of receipt.

Failed application redress

Please contact Cheshire West and Chester Council in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact Cheshire West and Chester Council in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, further information about making a complaint can be found on the Information for Consumers page of this website. 

Public register or database

Trade associations

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.