Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Cooling tower notification

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify us or in Scotland, the island or district council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises.

You must notify us of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change.

You can apply on the GOV.UK website:

Apply to notify of cooling towers and evaporative condensers
Apply to change a notification

Regulation summary

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period.

What happens next?

You will receive confirmation that your installation/s have been registered within 14 days of receipt of your application.

What if my application fails?

Please contact us in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, further information about making a complaint can be found on our information for consumers page.

Public register or database

General enquiries