Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Food premises registration

To store, prepare, distribute or sell food on premises you need to be registered with us. Premises include restaurants, cafes, hotels, shops, canteens, market stalls, mobile catering vans and food delivery vans.

  • Food business operators should register their premises at least 28 days before food operations commence.

Some manufacturers handling products of animal origin may need to be approved by us or the Food Standards Agency, rather than registered. If you are uncertain whether your business needs to be approved or registered, contact your local authority.

Apply for registration of a food business establishment

Regulation summary

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period please contact us.

When will a decision be made?

Applications will be dealt with within 30 days.

What if my application fails?

Please contact us in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, further information about making a complaint can be found on our information for consumers page.

Public register or database

Contact Regulatory Services to view a register of food premises within the district.

Trade associations

Further information

Further information about food safety can be found on our food hygiene page.

Contact us

  • Phone: 0300 123 7038.
  • By post: Food Safety Team, Regulatory Services, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Wyvern House, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 1AH