Cemeteries and crematoria in West Cheshire
- Chester crematorium and Blacon cemetery: Blacon Avenue, Chester, CH1 5BB
- Neston cemetery: Raby Park Road, Neston, CH64 9SN
- Overpool cemetery: Rivacre Road, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1LG
- Overleigh cemetery: Overleigh Road, Handbridge, CH4 7HW
- Wharton cemetery: Crook Lane, Winsford, CW7 3DR
Safety in the cemetery grounds
When visiting a cemetery please take care as gravestone and headstones memorials can become unsafe. Please make sure that young children are supervised at all times and are not allowed to climb onto or interfere with memorials.
For their own safety children under the age of 12 should always be accompanied by a person aged 16 or over when visiting a cemetery.
Please remember to maintain social distancing with other groups who may be visiting the cemetery.
Blacon crematorium during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
The crematorium is only open for funerals. The funeral service has been changed:
The book of remembrance is also available on-line at any time:
The cemetery grounds are open:
- April to September: 8am to 7pm
- October to March: 8am to 5pm
Please note, the crematorium is only open for funerals.
Chester Crematorium Office
Our office at Chester Crematorium is currently closed to the general public. You can contact us at:
Neston Cemetery, Overpool Cemetery and Overleigh Cemetery
The grounds are open:
- April to September 8am to 7pm
- October to March 8am to 5pm
Wharton Cemetery is open at all times.
Accessible toilets provided at Blacon cemetery (next to the office) can be accessed as part of the national key scheme (NKS). Keys may be purchased from Disability Rights UK.
Toilets are also provided in the chapel building at Chester crematorium and are open whilst services are taking place.