A naming ceremony is a modern way for parents, relatives and friends to welcome the arrival of a new baby or to welcome an adoptive or step child into the family. We provide an experienced, friendly celebrant to conduct the ceremony for you.
The ceremony can be arranged to follow a marriage, civil partnership or renewal of vows ceremony.
Book a ceremony
Contact Chester Register Office.
You can pay for your already booked naming ceremony online.
Where will the ceremony take place?
The ceremony can take place at the register office or at an approved premises.
- In our register offices, ceremonies can take place between 10am and 4pm Monday to Saturday.
- At all other locations, ceremonies can take place on any day, including some bank holidays between 10am and 4pm.
If you wish to hold a ceremony at an Approved Premises please ensure that you have checked availability with the venue before booking the registrars.
If you wish to hold a ceremony at a different location, the celebrant may need to arrange to visit the ceremony location to check its suitability.
There is a non-refundable fee of £58 when a ceremony is booked. This fee will be deducted from the final amount due for the ceremony.
Fees from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020
- Register office ceremony room pre-visit: £106 (Monday - Friday), £138 (Saturday) and (£260 Sunday and bank holidays)
- Home and gardens and other venues in Cheshire: £235 (Monday - Friday), £248 (Saturday) and £260 (Sunday and bank holidays)
- Approved Premises: £181 (Monday - Friday), £205 (Saturday) and £218 (Sunday and bank holidays)
What happens next?
Following your booking we will provide you with a brochure which includes an outline of the ceremony and range of optional declarations and readings.