Changes to registration services
To keep customers and staff safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and to use our limited resources in the best way possible we have made changes to our registration services. Our current priority is arranging and providing death registrations, birth registrations and responding to enquiries about ceremonies that have already been booked with our registrars.
We are experiencing an unprecedented number of enquiries. We completely understand, but ask that customers remain patient. Please be assured we will respond to enquiries as soon as we can, but there will be a delay.
We are now accepting new bookings for ceremonies.
Book a ceremony
You can pay for your already booked naming ceremony online.
Where will the ceremony take place?
The ceremony can take place at the Register office or at an approved premises.
- In our Register offices, ceremonies can take place between 10am and 4pm Monday to Saturday.
- At all other locations, ceremonies can take place on any day, including some bank holidays between 10am and 4pm.
If you wish to hold a ceremony at an approved premises please ensure that you have checked availability with the venue before booking the registrars.
If you wish to hold a ceremony at a different location, the celebrant may need to arrange to visit the ceremony location to check its suitability.
There is a non-refundable fee of £59.50 when a ceremony is booked. This fee will be deducted from the final amount due for the ceremony.
Fees from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
- Register office ceremony room pre-visit: £109 (Monday - Friday), £141 (Saturday)
- Home and gardens and other venues in Cheshire: £241 (Monday - Friday), £254.50 (Saturday) and £266.50 (Sunday and bank holidays)
- Approved Premises: £185.50 (Monday - Friday), £210 (Saturday) and £224 (Sunday and bank holidays)
What happens next?
Following your booking we will provide you with a brochure which includes an outline of the ceremony and range of optional declarations and readings.