Childrens social care complaints
We provide a wide range of social care services to thousands of children and families. We want to know what you think about our services so that we can improve them.
You can tell us about any aspect of the social care services we have provided you with. This could be about its quality, reliability or about the way you have been treated.
Who can complain?
- any child or young person who is looked after or who is a child in need or a child with disabilities
- their parents or foster parents
- an advocate acting on behalf of a child or young person
- people applying to adopt, or who are having services from our adoption service
- care leavers
- special guardians
- any other person who may have a sufficient interest in a child or young person known to us (this is at our discretion)
We promise to treat you with respect and anything you tell us will be treated confidentially. We want you to know it is ok to complain and if you feel unhappy with something it is okay to say so.
If you are making a complaint on behalf of a child or young person, we will need to know they are happy for you to do this.
If you do not want to complete the online form you can contact us by post.
- Customer Relations Team, Cheshire West and Chester Council, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
Telephone: 0300 1238123
- Independent reviewing officer/children’s rights officer, Cheshire West and Chester Council, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA
Telephone: 0151 356 6859
What happens next?
Once we have received your application we will send a written response within ten working days and will advise if this needs to be extended.
If you remain unhappy there are two further stages of appeal that can be requested, all involving external independent review (and separate from the Ombudsman's role). Details about your rights of appeal are included in the stage 1 response.