Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Complaints about councillors

All Members and co-opted members of Cheshire West and Chester Council must follow the Code of Conduct. The Council must have in place arrangements for dealing with complaints about the behaviour of its Councillors.

Every Town and Parish Council must also have a Code of Conduct for their Members to follow. Complaints about the conduct of Town and Parish Councillors are dealt with by Cheshire West and Chester Council.

How to complain about a councillor

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of Cheshire West and Chester Council or a member of one of the 89 parish or town councils in the borough, you must submit your complaint to the Monitoring Officer. Audit and Governance Committee have agreed Arrangements for Dealing with Standards Complaints against Members. They have also agreed criteria against which complaints can be assessed.

You may make your complaint using the Code of Conduct Complaint Form. Alternatively, you may contact us by email or post, setting out details of your complaint and providing any evidence you have to support it.

If you have any queries about the process, please contact the Monitoring Officer before submitting a complaint.

When you contact us, we collect and use your information in order to respond to your enquiry and deal with allegations made against councillors. For further details of how we use your personal data please see the privacy notice on our website.