Storm Christoph has caused significant disruption across the borough. Find out which services are affected.
Login or Sign up
Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulation and Subject Access Requests
From 1 January 2005, under FOIA, any individual, organisation or company can make a request for information to us and will have the right to be informed in writing as to whether we hold the requested information and to have that information supplied within 20 working days.
We are already open with our information and you may be able to find the information you need through our Publication Scheme, e-library or elsewhere on the website.
- Personal data is any information which is capable of identifying a living individual. For example, name and address, audio or video recording, CCTV image, email address, postcode, photograph etc.
- The purpose of FOIA is to provide all citizens with a right to access to information subject only to certain exemptions. It was introduced to promote greater openness and accountability across the public sector. Along with the Human Rights Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Environmental Information Regulations 2004, FOIA aims to build a culture of rights and responsibilities for citizens and contribute to the delivery of better public services.
You can ask for any information held by us in any form. This includes information held in paper, electronic and any other formats. We then have a duty to supply it unless one or more of a number of statutory exemption applies, for example if:
- it is a matter covered by data protection legislation
- it is available under our publication scheme
- it might be considered prejudicial to the effective conduct of public affairs.
No. Public bodies make information available to the public through information leaflets, publications and responses to enquiries.
FOI provides an additional source by facilitating access to information that is not routinely available.
- We can respond by post, email or arranged personal collection depending on what you prefer. We will provide you with the information requested within 20 days where we can, or tell you if there is going to be a delay and why.
- The Information Commissioner's role is to promote public access to official information and protect your personal information.
- Yes. The Data Protection Legislation 2018 applies to personal data held by an organisation. The Act allows people 12 years of age and over, to find out what personal information is held about them and why by making a Subject Access Request (SAR). You will need to provide us with your name and address as well as proof of ID.
Share this page