Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Out of hours contact information

On this page you can find out how to contact us and others out of hours and in an emergency.

If you need to contact the Council during normal business hours please view our:

Contact information page

Out of hours and emergency calls

Out of hours calls are dealt with by our call handling service. All enquires are logged and passed to relevant teams as soon as possible. Callers should be aware that they are talking to an externally contracted representative and not Cheshire West and Chester Customer Service staff, as a result, they may be required to provide more details than normal.

To contact us in an emergency (between 7pm and 8am Monday to Friday and weekends) please telephone us on 0300 123 7035.

Adult social care

Emergency out of office hours

Adult social care

Children and Young People services

Emergency out of office hours

  • Telephone: 01244 977277
  • Opening hours: from 4.30pm (4pm Fridays) - 8.30am weekdays and 24 hours weekends and bank holidays
Report a concern about a child

Other contact numbers


  • Telephone: 999 – Emergency Services

You should call 999 if:

  • violence is being used or threatened
  • there is danger to life
  • a crime is in progress or offenders carrying out a crime have recently been disturbed
  • there has been a road accident where people are injured, or there has been an accident that has affected traffic

Telephone: 101 - non emergency service

101 is a 24-hour number for Cheshire Police to deal with community safety issues including anti-social behaviour and the specific non-emergency crimes.

Use 101 to:

  • report a non-emergency crime
  • report anti-social behaviour
  • report drunken or rowdy behaviour
  • report dangerous driving
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

If you call 101 but you are reporting an emergency, you will be directed to the 999 service.

Cheshire Police


  • Telephone: 999
Cheshire Fire Service

Household emergencies

  • National Grid Gas (Gas Leaks) - 0800 111999
  • SP Energy Networks (Electricity) - 0800 001 5400
  • United Utilities (Water Leaks) - 0800 330033
  • United Utilities (Water Supply) - 0345 672 3723
  • Welsh Water - 0800 085 3968

Housing Associations

Council housing

Environment Agency

  • Floodline - 0345 988 1188
  • Environment Incident Hotline - 0800 80 70 60
The Environment Agency

Medical emergencies

  • Telephone: 999 – Emergency Services