Out of hours emergency contact
On this page you can find out how to contact the Council and others out of hours and in an emergency.
Please note: if you need to contact the Council during normal business hours please view our contact information page
May Bank Holiday
Please note: Customer Services is closed from 7pm on Friday 25 May until 8am on Tuesday 29 May 2018
Out of hours and emergency calls
Out of hours calls are dealt with by our call handling service. All enquires are logged and passed to relevant teams as soon as possible. Callers should be aware that they are talking to an externally contracted representative and not Cheshire West and Chester Customer Service staff, as a result, they may be required to provide more details than normal.
To contact us in an emergency (between 7pm and 8am Monday to Friday and weekends) please telephone us on 0300 123 7035.
Adult Social Care
Emergency out of office hours
Children and Young People services
Emegency out of office hours
- Telephone: 01244 977277
- Opening hours: from 4.30pm (4pm Fridays) - 8.30am weekdays and 24 hours weekends and bank holidays
- Children and young people
Other contact numbers
Police - emergency
You should call 999 if:
- violence is being used or threatened
- there is danger to life
- a crime is in progress or offenders carrying out a crime have recently been disturbed
- there has been a road accident where people are injured, or there has been a accident that has affected traffic
Police - non-emergency
- Telephone: 101 - non emergency service
101 is a 24-hour number for Cheshire Police to deal with community safety issues including anti-social behaviour and the specific non-emergency crimes.
Use 101 to:
- report a non-emergency crime
- report anti-social behaviour
- report drunken or rowdy behaviour
- report dangerous driving
- speak to the police about a general enquiry
If you call 101 but you are reporting an emergency, you will be directed to the 999 service.
- National Grid Gas (Gas Leaks) - 0800 111999
- SP Energy Networks (Electricity) - 0800 001 5400
- United Utilities (Water Leaks) - 0800 330033
- United Utilities (Water Supply) - 0345 672 3723
- Welsh Water - 0800 085 3968