Council Tax and business rates 2018-2019 budget information
We spend over £700m per year providing services to local residents. In 2018-19, almost £172m of this will be funded through Council Tax paid by residents of the borough. A further £56m will be funded through business rates paid by companies. Elements of the Council Tax you pay will also fund services provided by the Cheshire Fire Authority, the Police & Crime Commissioner for Cheshire and local parish and town councils. Our priorities will support our residents, communities and economy to thrive and are as follows:
- all our families, children and young people are supported to get the best start in life
- vulnerable adults and children feel safe and are protected
- older people and vulnerable adults are compassionately supported to lead fulfilled and independent lives
- our neighbourhoods are the cleanest, safest and most sustainable in the country
- good quality and affordable housing that meets the needs of our diverse communities
- vibrant and healthy communities with inclusive leisure, heritage and culture opportunities
- our resources are well managed and reflect the priorities of our residents
- people are well educated, skilled and earn a decent living
- our borough is a great place to do business
- a well connected and accessible borough
The documents below give details of how your Council Tax and business rate payments are being invested in services that support our priorities. There are also leaflets which provide more specific information about your Council Tax or business rates bill, including discounts and reliefs that may be available.
There are leaflets providing information about the 2018-2019 expenditure plans of the Cheshire Fire Authority and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cheshire.