Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Court summons

What happens next?

We will ask the magistrates to grant a liability order at the hearing. This order allows us to recover the balance outstanding in a number of ways including

  • make a mutually agreeable payment arrangement in accordance with your circumstances
  • apply for an attachment to your earnings
  • apply for a deduction from your universal credit, income support, JSA or ESA
  • issue the amount to an enforcement agent
  • apply for a charging order on your property
  • petition for bankruptcy

We may choose to use any of those options to collect the balance and additional costs may apply.

Alternative payment arrangements can be considered. Please see the below link to complete an income and expenditure form to make an offer of payment.

We cannot consider payment arrangements without first obtaining a liability order and while any balances are subject to the statutory instalment scheme.

Make an offer of repayment