Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Special education needs (SEN)

Many children require extra support at one time or another during their school career. Most will attend their local school, with their needs being met from existing resources. However, a small number will need extra help throughout their school career.

Where to find help

Further information

Further information about Special Educational Needs can be found on the GOV.UK website.

Local Offer for SEN

The West Cheshire Local Offer website also provides comprehensive local information, advice and support for children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) and their parents or carers, in a single place. It includes information from a range of local agencies, including education, health and social care. Knowing what is out there gives you more choice and therefore more control over what support is right for your child is now available:

Transport assistance for pupils with Special Educational Needs

The Council recognises that there will be a number of children and young people who by the nature of their special educational needs will be entitled to assisted home to school transport. The Council will look at factors such as the needs of the child, the nature of the route to school and the suitability of existing transport options.

Parent Carer Forum

The Parent Carer Forum is a voluntary group of parents and carers of children or young people with special education needs and or disability (SEND), who live in the borough. The group aims to be the voice of as many of these parents and carers as possible and to work in partnership with education, health and social care to influence decisions about services.