Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Charges for community services

When considering adult social care support, you are able to request a financial assessment to determine if you are eligible for funding or whether you will have to pay a contribution towards the care package.


If your capital and savings are below £23,250

The Council may contribute financially towards your care costs if you are found to be eligible following an assessment of your needs.

If you have eligible care needs and have capital between £14,250 and £23,250, you will pay £1 a week for every £250 you have above £14,250 as well as your assessed contribution from your income.

If you have more than £23,250 in capital and savings

You will have to pay for your own care services.

You should still ask the Council for a care assessment as you may still be supported in some capacity, for example with information and advice.