Charges and costs for support

Charges for residential and nursing care

A financial assessment will determine if you are required to pay a contribution towards residential or nursing care. If you require nursing care you will also receive part funding for the nursing element.


If your capital and savings are below £23,250

The Council may contribute financially towards your care costs, if you are found to be eligible following an assessment of your care needs.

If you have eligible care needs and have capital between £14,250 and £23,250, you will pay £1 a week for every £250 you have above £14,250 as well as your assessed contribution from your income.

If you have more than £23,250 in capital and savings

You will have to pay for your own care services. However, you should still ask the council for a care assessment as it may still be able to help you in some capacity, for example with information and advice. If you are moving into a care home and you own your home, you may be entitled to help, such as the twelve week property disregard.