Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Your right to be heard

We believe and promote your rights to be heard and we will involve you in all decisions made about your care experience, pathway planning and arrangements for leaving care.

Children in care and care leavers have developed a pledge to explain how we will help and support you. See our:

How to make a complaint, compliment or comment

If you have any worries about keeping yourself safe or are concerned about the safety of someone else, then you can talk to your Social Worker or Personal Adviser.

You can also use the links below to look at advice on the Local Safeguarding Children’s and Adult Boards. Websites:

Advocacy Service

The Children’s Society provide an advocacy service to children and young people in Cheshire West and Chester. You have a right to be involved in all decisions regarding your plans for adulthood and you have the right to support from an independent person if you are thinking of challenging these decisions or feel you need some additional independent support.

An Independent Advocate can also inform you of your rights and help you express your views in meetings. Children and young people who are eligible to have an advocate are; cared for by Cheshire West and Chester, a care leaver, have a disability, on a Child Protection or Child In Need plan, a child or young person seeking asylum or a child or young person wanting to make a complaint against social services.

All Children and Young People can ask for an Advocate without an adults support. Please call 0161 763 2170 or email for more information or ask a family member or any other professional, including your Social Worker, PA or IRO, to make a referral.

The Children's Society