Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Health and wellbeing


In this section of the website you can learn about health and wellbeing in Cheshire West.

Local health services

Clinical Commissioning Groups

Clinical Commissioning Groups are responsible for arranging emergency and urgent care services within their boundaries, and for commissioning services for any unregistered patients who live in their area. General Practices have to belong to a Clinical Commissioning Group.

Clinical Commissioning Groups are statutory NHS organisations which came in to existence in April 2013. Clinical Commissioning Groups are responsible for planning and designing local health services in England. They do this by commissioning or buying health and care services including:

  • Planned hospital care
  • Urgent and emergency care
  • Rehabilitation care
  • Community health services
  • Mental health
  • Learning disability services

To do this Clinical Commissioning Groups work with patients and health and social care partners (for example local hospitals, local authorities and local community groups) to ensure services meet local needs.

The Clinical Commissioning Group that covers Cheshire West and Chester is NHS Cheshire and Merseyside. Look at their website to see how you can get involved in decisions made about local health services.

Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Trust

The Trust provides mental health, learning disability and drug and alcohol misuse services across Cheshire and Wirral, plus community services in West Cheshire. It works very closely with local authorities and voluntary and independent organisations.

Get involved


Healthwatch Cheshire West is for local people and communities to influence and challenge how health and social care services are provided locally.

Practice participation group

Join your Practice Participation Group at your GP practice.

Making a complaint

Healthwatch Independent NHS Complaints and Advocacy Service

If you're not satisfied with the service you've experienced from a hospital, doctor, dentist, local surgery or other NHS provider, you are entitled to complain about it. Healthwatch can help you make this complaint, by providing a free, confidential and independent service.