Skip to main content

Housing advice and homelessness

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness this area of the website provides advice and information to help you take action.

If you need assistance from the Council you should contact the Housing Options team as early as possible if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days. You can contact the Housing Options team by email or telephone or by completing the online self-referral form:

Online self-referal form

  • Email:
  • Telephone: 0300 123 2442 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am - 5pm and Wednesday 1pm - 5pm)  

If you are homeless out of normal office hours and you need accommodation tonight you can ring the Emergency Duty Team 0300 123 8123. This number is not for general housing advice but for people who need emergency accommodation.

If you are a public authpority working with somone who may be homeless or threatened with homlessness you may have a duty to refer to the housing authority. The public authorities which are subject to the duty to refer are specified in the Homelessness (Review Procedure etc.) Regulations 2018.

If you are a public authority with a duty to refer, or any other organisation working with somone who is homeless or threatened with homelessness, please complete the referral form below to notify Housing Options:

Agencey Referral Form

If you are not threatened with homelessness within 56 days but would like some early help and support please contact the Council’s commissioned support provider Forfutures or call in to one of the Forfutures Advice Hubs. For more information visit Forfutures.

Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.