Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Housing advice

Social housing downsizing scheme

If you are a social housing tenant and your home is too large for you to manage or you have spare bedrooms you could take advantage of the downsizing scheme.

The scheme is supported by the Cheshire and Warrington Housing Alliance to help people move to smaller, more manageable accommodation. The scheme is run by registered providers (housing associations) in the area and can support tenants in social housing with practical assistance who would like to move to a smaller home.

If your landlord is listed here you may qualify for the scheme:

  • ForHousing: 0300 123 55 22
  • Golden Gates Housing Trust: 0800 25 26 27
  • Peaks and Plains: 0800 012 1311
  • Wulvern: 01270 506200

The scheme can also offer the following help and assistance with moving:

  • removals
  • disconnection and reconnection of domestic appliances
  • telephone reconnection

To find out if you are eligible for the scheme and to register contact your landlord on the above numbers. Households wishing to take advantage of this scheme must have a clear rent account and not be the subject of any current antisocial behaviour case or any tenancy breaches.