Employing young people in west Cheshire
If you are looking to start a new career, take your first step into the world of work perhaps you’d like to develop your professional skills and knowledge, it could be worth considering an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you will learn from our highly experienced colleagues in a fast paced, inclusive and diverse working environment. If you are interested in a working for a value driven, high performing Council, and you have passion for playing your part we want to hear from you.
We provide a range of exciting opportunities, giving you the chance to earn money while getting on-the-job training, as well as gaining a nationally recognised qualification that supports you to achieve your career aspirations. Recent opportunities have included; Legal, Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Auditing, Pensions and Social Care.
Please note: Information for businesses wanting to employ an apprentice can be found on our business apprenticeship page.
All of our apprentices receive:
- A competitive apprenticeship wage which includes national minimum wage and local living wage
- 26 days holiday
- Flexible working arrangements ensure you can achieve a healthy work life balance
- Family friendly leave
- Valuable hands-on experience working alongside experienced colleagues
- 20% off the job training
- Guidance and support from a Line Manager, Mentor, Inclusive Employment Manager, and a dedicated Apprentice Programme Tutor.
If you're looking to start a career or develop new skills and want to earn while you learn, then come and join us.
No candidate will meet every single desired requirement. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
To apply for any of our current apprenticeship vacancies, you must:
- Have the right to live and work in England
- Not be enrolled on another apprenticeship or further/higher education programme at the time of your application
- Not already hold a qualification at the same or higher level in the same or closely related field to the apprenticeship you are applying for
If we don’t have any live vacancies, you can sign up for alerts on our jobs register so you’ll be first to find out about opportunities.
Feedback from our apprentices
“I enjoy my role as an apprentice because it has taught me lifelong skills and given me the invaluable opportunity to progress into a permanent role within a great team that I am proud to be a part of.” - Joseph, HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship, Human Resources
“I enjoyed my apprenticeship because it made me more confident and I learned key skills for working in the legal sector, which I have been able to practice within my day-to-day work life.” - Grace, Paralegal Level 3 Apprenticeship, Legal Services
“I enjoy my apprenticeship because I gain a level of experience I can apply directly to my degree and earn alongside it. I love working at the Council because the sense of community aids my personal and professional development.” - James, Quantity Surveyor Level 6 Apprenticeship, Capital and Major Projects