Chester Library at Storyhouse
Hunter Street, Chester, CH1 2AR
- Monday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Thursday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Friday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Saturday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Sunday: 9.30am - 6pm
- Accessibility at Storyhouse
Storyhouse will provide access to computers, printing, scanning and copying facilities.
- Under 5s storytime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly
- English conversation: restarting in September
- Family History sessions: 10am - 12pm, drop in basis
Help and support for those researching their family history, with guidance on the range of genealogical resources available.
- Scrabble club: 10am - 12noon, fortnightly
- Reading group: 1pm - 2pm, monthly
- Under 5s rhymetime: 10.15am - 10.45am, weekly
- Under 5s rhymetime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly
- National Careers Service: 9.30am - 3pm
- Work Zone online basics: 9.30am - 12.30pm, weekly
Basic computer IT tuition for job seekers.
- Audio book club for blind and partially sighted people: 10.30am - 11.30am, monthly (excluding July and December)
- Arthritis care drop in: 10am - 12pm, third Thursday of the month.
For anyone with arthritis related conditions, their families, friends and carers. Information is provided about the condition, with self-help tips on ways to live with arthritis and what support is available.
- Work Club: 9.30am - 4.30pm, weekly
Drop in to the work club (run by Chester Work Zone) and get support and advice on C.V.s, interview techniques, online job searching, vocational qualifications as well as links to employers.
- Under 1s rhymetime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly in term time, for library members.
- Relish wellbeing reading group: 2-3.30pm, weekly, join a sociable group, to read and talk - no home reading required.
- Crochet and knitting club: 1pm - 3pm, monthly.
- Science fiction and fantasy readers group: 2pm - 3.30pm, monthly.
For other events and activities and information about Storyhouse, go to:
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions: Chester Library is situated in the heart of the City of Chester on Hunter Street. It can be found close to the Town Hall and the cathedral.
Public transport: Chester Library is easily reached by bus, train or car.