Chester Library at Storyhouse
Storyhouse in Chester is now open with its usual opening hours. Items can be returned and borrowed via our self-service machines. You will also be able to pre-book a computer for essential tasks and urgent printing as well as use the photocopier (self-service). Borrowing items and using the computers will also be self-service, so remember to bring your library card.
All loans have been extended until 2 November. Any items borrowed directly from a Cheshire East Library are now issued for the normal three week loan period. You can check the return date on your items by logging in to your account.
To support a safe and managed opening, we will have some new measures in place:
- limited numbers of people will be allowed in each building
- families will be welcome, but to ensure spaces can be managed safely, all children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- some services will be unavailable to begin with including reference stock, newspapers, local studies materials, seating, toilets, meeting rooms and customer services
- regular events and activities have been suspended and replaced with online alternatives where possible
- there will be provision of hand sanitiser, one-way systems and floor markings to maintain social distancing
- we’ll also be following Government Test and Trace guidelines
- face coverings must be worn when visiting the library
Hunter Street, Chester, CH1 2AR
Library staff are available during the following hours.
- Monday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Thursday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Friday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Saturday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Sunday: 9.30am - 6pm
The library is also accessible during Storyhouse opening hours. These are:
- Monday - Saturday: 8am - 11pm
- Sunday: 9.30am - 11pm
Storyhouse will provide access to computers, printing, scanning and copying facilities.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions: Chester Library is situated in the heart of the City of Chester on Hunter Street - it can be found close to the Town Hall and the cathedral
Public transport: Chester Library is easily reached by bus, train or car