What happens if we find your dog
If your dog can be identified by a tag or if they have been chipped, we will try to return it to you. If your dog is found between 9-5pm on a weekday, and you are available, we can deliver the dog back to you. We do not charge for this service. However, if we can't locate you or if your dog keeps straying, it will be taken to the kennels and a fee will be charged.
What to do if your dog is taken to the kennels
You can collect your dog from the kennels. You will need to provide proof of address before the dog is released. Please phone the kennels to confirm that your dog is being held and discuss arrangements for collection before making the journey.
Photos of dogs currently held at the kennels
- Telephone: 01948 662931
- Address: Acorn Kennels, Heath Road, Whitchurch, SY13 2AA
- Open 8am to 6pm every day
Your dog will be held at the kennels until it is claimed or seven days has passed.
How much will it cost?
- It will cost £82.80 on the first day. This increases by £10.80 for every additional day or part day of the dog’s stay. This includes transport of the dog back to you if this can be arranged during normal office hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday).
- Transport can be arranged with Acorn kennels outside the hours of 9-5pm. There is a transport fee as agreed with the kennels direct.
- If your dog is ill then a vet is consulted and appropriate treatment given. You will also be responsible for meeting the vet's charges.
- All payments should be made to Acorn Kennels.