Skip to main content

How to make an official complaint

In the first instance the Council advocates that you try to resolve matters informally by approaching the person responsible for the noise. If you’ve done this and the noise continues, you can make an official complaint.

Where to find help

You can request a formal investigation online.

Alternatively, send us evidence of the continuing disturbance using the diary form below or by using our free noise app.

Official complaints will not normally be considered unless both the request for formal investigation form and evidence have been submitted.

It is vital that you collect evidence to support your complaint. For information on how to do this please follow the steps in the collecting evidence section of this website.

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.