Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find out the latest actions for the public and information about coronavirus (COVID-19).

Learn more

Solving noise problems informally – what you need to do before making an official complaint

Most people or businesses do not realise that their noise is causing an issue to others and by politely speaking to them, the noise is usually reduced. This is why we ask that you contact them in the first instance providing it is safe to do so. To help you with this we have included some tips on how to approach people including some example conversations and sample letters if you don't feel comfortable speaking face to face.

Where to find help

If you are genuinely unable to approach the person or business responsible for the noise, please contact us. 

Further information

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.