Land slip at Soot Hill, Northwich
Due to a land slip involving a substantial retaining wall that supported the highway, an emergency closure of Soot Hill was needed in late December 2021.
The retaining stonework wall dates from the 1800s.
Since the last update we have:
- Completed the installation of the precast concrete and also poured in the in-situ concrete.
- The main structural works are now complete and we are moving on to the highways works.
Over the coming weeks we will:
- Install new kerb lines on both sides of the carriageway, with footpath surfacing due to happen the second week of September.
- Complete the earthworks to the face of the new retaining wall.
- Repoint the remaining existing sandstone wall.
- Complete the remainder of the new carriageway formation construction.
- Site clearance: March/April 2023
- Piling works: From approximately May 2023
- Secure the existing wall: Early summer to autumn
- Drainage works: Early summer to autumn
- Retaining wall parapet works: Late summer to autumn
- Highway works: Autumn/winter 2023