Skip to main content


Storm Christoph has caused significant disruption across the borough. Find out which services are affected.

Learn more

Appeal a parking or bus lane fine

If you have received a penalty charge notice (PCN) and want to appeal you need to do this within 28 days. If you make your appeal within 14 days of the date of the PCN, then the discount rate will be re-offered if your appeal is unsuccessful.

We are unable to advise on appeals or process them over the phone.

Make an appeal

If your appeal has been rejected and you still want to appeal then you must wait for the 'Notice to Owner' to make your next appeal.

Notice to Owner (NtO)

When you receive the NtO in the post you have two options available. You can make the payment or you can make a representation. You need to make your representation within 28 days of receiving the letter. We will look at your reasons and we will write to you with our decision.      

Notice of Rejection (NoR)

You will receive a NoR if we haven't received your payment or you have not made a representation. You still have the option of appealing, this must be made to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT) within 28 days of the NoR. They are separate from ourselves and will look at your next appeal.

Charge Certificate

If you have received a Charge Certificate you can no longer appeal the charge. You can pay at the current rate or you can wait for the Order of Recovery (OfR).

Order of Recovery

When you receive the OfR you can no longer appeal the charge. You can pay at the current rate or you can make a witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC). You can make a witness statement to the TEC based on four grounds:

  • you did not receive the PCN or NtO
  • you made representations to us but did not receive a response
  • you made an appeal to TPT but did not receive a response
  • you paid the PCN

Enforcement agents (previously known as bailiffs)

If your PCN has been sent to enforcement agents then you need to speak to them or speak to the TEC as above.

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.