Residents parking scheme
Northwich residents parking scheme
Will I qualify?
To qualify for a permit you must:
- permanently reside at an eligible address within the relevant parking zone
- own or have the regular use of a vehicle
Permits are issued on a priority basis as follows:
- first priority: application for a permit from a household within the zone that currently has no permit
- second priority: application for a second permit from a household within the zone and a household within the zone with off-street parking (provided that the council is satisfied that any off-street parking is inadequate for the household’s needs)
- third priority: application for a permit from a household outside of the zone with or without off-street parking (provided that we are satisfied that any off-street parking is inadequate for the household’s needs)
Priority two and priority three applications will only be considered if there are available spaces; it should also be noted that there is no automatic entitlement to a permit or to permit renewal. They will be considered at our discretion and permits will only be issued once an application has been accepted and availability within the existing scheme has been assessed (this may take up to six weeks from your application).
How much does it cost?
The cost of a residents' permit is currently £60 for a first and second priority permit and £90 for a third priority permit. Parking permits are valid for one year from the first day of the month in which the application is accepted. For example if your application is accepted on 12 June, the permit will be valid from the 1 June and expire on 31 May the following year.
How do I apply?
Before applying please ensure that you have the following documentation available to upload:
- proof of residency
- proof of a vehicle that is permanently kept and used at your address
What happens next?
You will be placed on a waiting list following your application. If a permit becomes available, the applicant at the top of the waiting list will be invited to continue with the application process.
Please note: disabled badge holders and permitted to park in residents' parking areas without the need to purchase a parking permit
How do I renew my permit?
We will contact you 28 days before your permit is due to expire to let you know, and invite you to renew.
- Church Walk
- Percy Street
- Priory Street
- School Way
- Whalley Road
- number of spaces: 67
- availability: available
Viewing or amending a permit
You can view any permits you have and amend or cancel them online.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you no longer require a permit or if you change your vehicle. Please ensure you have proof that the new vehicle is permanently kept and used at your property.
We do normally issue digital/online permits, however if you do have a paper permit and it is lost they can be replaced at a cost of £10 per permit.