Skip to main content


Please note: Due to following government health guidelines for Coronavirus we are unable to print any Travelcards, you can still apply for a Travelcard using this site but please be aware there will be a delay in receiving your Travelcard which could be several months. Your Travelcard will be posted out to you when everything is back to normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

What is a travelcard and what bus services accept the card?

The Cheshire stored value travelcard is a pass which you top up in multiples of £5 to £50 on the bus and then use it to pay for your bus journeys.

Most bus companies offer discounted single and return tickets when paying with the travelcard.

D&G bus service

From 1 January 2020 you will no longer be able to top up Cheshire Travelcards on D&G Bus services. Cards will still be able to be used to purchase tickets until 29 February 2020. After this date D&G Bus will no longer accept Cheshire Travelcard as a means of payment. Between 1 January and 29 February 2020, any tickets purchased using a Cheshire Travelcard will be charged at full price.

Any outstanding balance on your Travelcard can be refunded – to arrange this please call 01244 973353. Note that this scheme is managed by us and we are responsible for refunds of outstanding balances - D&G Bus are unable to assist with this or offer cash refunds on the bus.

You can still pay by contactless or cash on all D&G Bus services.

How to apply for a Travelcard

Anyone can apply for a travelcard, free of charge.


  • Telephone: 01244 973353, Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm and Fridays 9am - 4.30pm

How do you request a refund or transfer a balance

If you are requesting a refund or transfer of balance, you need to provide proof of ID (e.g. a utility bill or bank statement) and your travelcard to the following address:

  • Cheshire West and Chester Council, Concessionary Travel, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE

We cannot take responsibility for cards that are lost in the post, so we recommend using recorded delivery when posting a card with a credit balance.

How long will it take

Please allow up to 21 days for your application/request to be processed.

Please note: for security reasons, balances can only be refunded or transferred to the person named on the card, or in the case of a minor to a parent or guardian

Further information

Can't find what you are looking for? Visit the concessionary travel frequently asked questions page.

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.