Skip to main content

Vehicle crossings and dropped kerbs

If your property does not already have access to a road you can apply for permission to create a vehicle crossing over a footpath or grass verge.

How to apply

There are a number of rules around applying for a crossing

  • If you already have a crossing, we won't authorise a second
  • You need permission from whoever owns the land it will be crossing
  • You should have already received planning approval where required

You can email your area highways team for an application pack. For Chester, Ellesmere Port and Neston,, for Winsford and Northwich  

How much does it cost?

There is a charge of £76.20 per application to cover the assessment and administration. It's important that you read and follow the instructions in the application pack so you don't incur extra costs.




Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.