Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Clinical health privacy notice

Who will own my data once I submit It?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

We collect and process your information to enable us to reclaim monies from the clinical commissioning group when they take over responsibility for funding from adults or children’s social care services.

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and process personal information in relation to continuing healthcare reclaims, we are doing so as part of our public duties under Article 6 part (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation. The legislation and guidance that allows us to do this in the UK includes, but is not limited to:

  • Care Act 2014
  • National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and CHS Funded Care

Who will my information be shared with?

We will only ever share your information with other health or social care providers, when they are involved in continuing healthcare reclaims. When we do this we will always be open and transparent about this.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?

This information is required to ensure that we are able to reclaim monies from the clinical commissioning group.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Seven years in line with our retention policy.

How will my information be stored?

Information is stored on a paper form and electronically on our corporate system.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you. You also have the right to:

  • object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means
  • in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please read the Data protection and your rights page on this website and return the 'subject access request form' by email or post.

  • By post: Information Disclosures Team, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
Data protection for you

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • By post: Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
Contact the DPO

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

  • By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
  • Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?