Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Community Asset Transfer Privacy Notice

Who will own my data once I submit it?

We will own your data once it has been submitted.

Why do you need my information?

Changing the management of an asset can potentially extend the use of a building or piece of land therefore increasing its social value in relation to the people that benefit and the range of activities it offers.

When we collect and use your information, we need this to:

  • process your leasehold transfer for a building or piece of land from us
  • keep you up to date with information regarding the asset transfer
  • send you information about the asset transfer
  • discuss any future actions relating to the asset
  • increase the range and number of publicly owned assets managed by the community

The information that we collect about you is:

  • your name, address, email address and telephone number(s)
  • financial details

What allows you to use my information?

When we collect and use your personal information for an asset transfer, we do so under a contract with you.

Who will my information be shared with?

Your information will be shared internally to allow us to share relevant information and updates with you about your community asset transfer.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

If you do not provide us with your information we will not be able to contact you or provide you with updates about your community asset transfer request.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

We will keep your information for 12 years after the completion of the asset transfer.

How will my information be stored?

Your information is held securely on systems within our IT network. Any paper files are stored locally with restricted access.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please read our Data Protection and Your Rights page by following the link to the page below and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • right to receive your information in a machine readable portable format

To make a request follow the instructions on the Data protection for you page.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is being used?

You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post.

  • Online: Contact the DPO
  • By post: Data Protection Officer, The Portal, Wellington Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BA

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?