Greenspace volunteering Privacy Notice
Who will own my data once I submit it?
We will own your data once it has been submitted.
Why do you need my information?
When we collect and use your information, we need this to:
- understand your skills, background and experience to find a suitable volunteer role for you
- assess and support your needs
- recruit you as a volunteer
- administer and manage your volunteer placement
- contact you and keep informed of information regarding volunteering opportunities and invite you to events
If you contact us with any questions prior to submitting an application for a volunteer role with us, we will not keep a record of any of your details.
If you submit an application, the information that we collect about you is:
- your name, address, postcode, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number and emergency contact details
- details of your relevant education and employment history
- details of any skills or interests that you would like to highlight to us
- details of your current situation (student, employed, retired etc)
We also collect sensitive information about you called special category data:
- physical or mental health details
- confidential statement of health if necessary
- racial or ethnic origin
What allows you to use my information?
When we collect and use your personal information for a volunteering placement with us, we do so under a contract with you. The legislation, policies and guidance that allow us to do this includes but is not limited to:
- General Data Protection Legislation Article 6 part e
- General Data Protection Regulation Article 9 part g
- Equality Act 2005
- The Human Rights Act 2011
- Employment Rights Act 1996
- The Equal Opportunity Act 2010
Who will my information be shared with?
Your information will only be shared with our officers who are involved in managing your volunteer placement.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
If you do not provide us with your information you will be unable, your application will be rejected or we will be unable to consider you for a volunteering role. We will also be unable to communicate effectively with you to keep you informed of information regarding volunteering opportunities.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
We will retain information about your application whilst we are considering you for volunteering, whilst you are volunteering and also for six years after you have volunteered. This is so that we have appropriate records should any applicants challenge the process that we have followed.
How will my information be stored?
Your information is held securely on systems within our IT network.
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under Data Protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.
In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.
- have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- right to receive your information in a machine readable portable format
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
To make a request follow the instructions on our Data protection for you page.
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to our Data Protection team online or by post:
- Contact the DPO
- By post: Data Protection Officer, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
- Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
- By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 08456 30 60 60
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?