Who will own my data once I submit It

Cheshire West and Chester Council.

Why do you need my information


What allows you to use my information


Who will my information be shared with


Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't

You have the right to opt out of Cheshire West and Chester Council Public Health receiving or holding your personal identifiable information, but there are occasions where service providers will have a legal duty to share information, for example for safeguarding or criminal issues.

The process for opting out will depend on the specific data is and what programme it relates to. For further information, please contact the Public Health team.

How long will you keep this data for and why


How will my information be stored


What rights do I have when it comes to my data

Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please read the Data Protection and Your Rights page on this website and then submit your request by following your preferred method of contact in the 'How do I ask for my personal information' section.

In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, you may also have the right to.

  • object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
  • prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means

When making a request in relation to any of your other rights please read the 'Your other Individual rights request' on the Data Protection and Your Rights page below.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used

You can complain directly to the Council's Data Protection team by email or post.

  • Email: dpo@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
  • By post: Phil Orchard, Data Protection Officer, HQ, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me


Will my data be transferred abroad and why