West Cheshire Museums and Libraries Consultation 2024
Closing date: 2 April 2024
Share your views on the future of libraries and museums services.
The Council delivers libraries and museums services across the whole of Cheshire West and Chester. These services are open to all and are well used by communities every day.
Cheshire West and Chester Council’s ambition is to offer modern, accessible, and sustainable library and museum services whose development is informed by the views of residents across the borough.
To achieve this, we have developed some principles to guide how library and museums services are delivered in the future. We are also considering making some changes to the opening hours of libraries and museums to ensure consistency across the borough, and to ensure that each local area has access to library services throughout the week.
We want to understand the views of service users, residents and stakeholders about these proposals. This feedback is important to us so that we make changes in the best way possible and continue to deliver responsive services that provide value for money.
Find out more
Share your views
There are a variety of other ways you can get involved and share your views:
Easy read survey
- Write to: West Cheshire Museums and Libraries Consultation, Ellesmere Port Library, Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BG
- Telephone: 0300 123 8 123 quoting ‘West Cheshire Museums and Libraries Consultation’
- Request a copy of our consultation in alternative formats, including paper and easy read, using the contact details above
- Paper copies of the consultation and survey are also available to pick up from any library or museum across the borough. You can find your nearest library or museum online:
If you would like to share your views in person, you can attend one of our drop-in sessions where you can come and talk to service managers about the principles and opening hours of libraries and/or museums.
They will be informal events where you can visit anytime during the timeslot specified.
- Thursday 15 February, from 3pm to 7pm at Weaver Hall Museum and Northwich Library
- Tuesday 20 February, from 9am to 1pm at Ellesmere Port Library
- Thursday 22 February, from 2pm to 6pm at Grosvenor Museum Chester
- Friday 1 March, from 9am to 1pm at Neston Library
- Thursday 7 March, from 1pm to 5pm at Lion Salt Works Northwich
- Saturday 9 March, from 9:30am to 1pm at Upton Library
- Monday 11 March, from 2pm to 7pm at Winsford Library
- Thursday 14 March, from 2pm to 5pm at Tarvin Library
This consultation is open until Tuesday, 2 April 2024.
How your views will be used
Once the consultation closes, we will analyse all the feedback received.
The libraries and museums services will then use the feedback to help shape the future libraries and museums service offer. We will share a summary of the consultation findings on the Council website in spring 2024 alongside an update on the outcome of any decisions taken and the next steps.
If you would like to know more about how we use and store the information you give us, you can visit our privacy notice page.
Council information is also available in audio, braille, large print or other formats. If you would like a copy in a different format, in another language or require a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 123 8 123
- Textphone: 18001 01606 867670