Login or Sign up
Core Principle 2
Ensuring openness and comprehensive stakeholder engagement
- Engaging comprehensively with institutional stakeholders
- Engaging with individual citizens and service users effectively
Cheshire West and Chester will:
- Ensure that the Councils vision, strategic plans, priorities and targets are developed in consultation with the local community and stakeholders and that they are clearly articulated and explained.
- Maintain a culture of accountability to ensure Officers and Members to whom they are accountable and for what.
- Through engagement with stakeholders, demonstrate that our services meet the needs and expectations of the public. To demonstrate that the arrangements will deal with different priorities for different sections of the community and establish robust processes for dealing with these competing demands.
- Publish reports providing information on the Councils strategies, plans and financial statements and deliver information about outcomes and achievements.
- Deliver effective scrutiny of the Council business and produce reports on the scrutiny function and on matters examined.
- Ensure the Council is open and accessible to the community, service users and staff and we are committed to openness and transparency in all areas.
- Publish all cabinet and committee reports open for inspection for the public wherever possible, unless there is a legitimate need to preserve confidentiality on the basis of the statutory tests.
- Undertake periodic surveys of local residents and businesses
This will be evidenced by:
- Consultation Guide
- Annual Report
- Publication of agendas and reports
- Details of charges and fees
- Local Compact with local voluntary, community and faith sectors
- Scheme of delegation
- Equality and diversity statement
- ‘Talking together’ briefings
- Health and Safety Policy
- Information Sharing Policy
- Statutory Requests for Information
- Safeguarding protocols
- Publication scheme
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- Council Plan 2016 - 2020
- Council Website
- Scrutiny reports
- Consultation exercises with the public, including extensive budget consultation
- Reputation Tracker
- Community Governance Review
- Council Cabinet Planning Committees and Scrutiny Committees are all webcast
- Local resident and business surveys (2017/18)
Share this page