Skip to main content

Food businesses

Starting or changing a food business300-Food-preparation

Before opening or changing a business there are a number of things you must think about

  • You may need planning permission
  • All food businesses must be registered with the Council at least 28 days before they open for business
  • You will need to let us know if you intend to use your domestic kitchen as your registered food business address

Food premises licence and registration

Start your food hygiene on the right foot

With our GET5 Gain Excellence Together scheme our experienced food safety professionals will identify strengths and weaknesses and coach your business to ensure you start with the best food hygiene rating.

You will receive:

  • A two-hour coaching visit from a food safety professional
  • An additional 30 minutes of advice by email or telephone

Advice will be tailored to suit your business and provide a clear action plan.

Book a GET5 visit

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.