Starting or changing a food business
Before opening or changing a business there are a number of things you must think about
- you may need planning permission
- all food businesses must be registered with us at least 28 days before they open for business
- you will need to let us know if you intend to use your domestic kitchen as your registered food business address
Start your food hygiene on the right foot
With our GET5 Gain Excellence Together scheme our experienced food safety professionals will identify strengths and weaknesses and coach your business to ensure you start with the best food hygiene rating.
You will receive:
- a two-hour coaching visit from a food safety professional
- an additional 30 minutes of advice by email or telephone
Advice will be tailored to suit your business and provide a clear action plan.